It’s a few weeks ago since Lean Agile Scotland, but it was great to see a Lean Agile conference so closed to home.
We were fortunate enough to meet Chris McDermott (@chrisvmcd) at a Glasgow TechMeetup earlier in the year. He’s clearly done a stellar job of organising lascot12 – evident by who was there – We can’t wait for lascot13. He’s also been a keen early adopter of boardsync, giving us a load of great feedback.
So, to the roundup:
- Joe Wright (@joe_jag), who organises Glasgow’s TechMeetup, gave a talk on Continuous Delivery. Slides available, and also a photo of him talking!
- Wesley Gorman (@wesg), Lean into your Learning. Slides available
- Torbjörn Gyllebring (@drunkcod), Faith, Science & Rightshifting, Slides available, Updated 29/10/12: Video available at http://www.leanagilescotland.com/videos
- Clarke Ching (@clarkeching), Cash Flow Driven Development, Slides available, Updated 29/10/12: Video available at http://www.leanagilescotland.com/videos
- Karl Scotland (@kjscotland) has an interesting blog post (follow the link trail) regarding some of the systems thinking behind his Understanding Kanban Thinking slideless talk.
- Ian Carroll (@caza_no7), Systemic Flow Mapping, Slides available
- Florian Eisenberg (@fjeisenberg), Leadership on all levels. Why? And How?, Slides available
- Henrik Berglund (@henrikber), Real Teams, and how to build them. Slides available
- Matt Wynne (@mattwynne), Why agile fails. Slides available, Updated 25/10/12: Video available at http://www.leanagilescotland.com/videos
- John J Peebles (@johnjpeebles), People: Your Most Agile Ingredient, Slides coming soon
- Keynote by David J Anderson (@agilemanager), Individually Smart, Collectively Stupid – the great 21st Century Management Challenge
- Keynote by Liz Keogh (@lunivore), Respect for People, with a thought provoking write up from Bob Marshall (Updated 29/10/12: Bob’s talk is available at http://www.leanagilescotland.com/videos)
- Organiser Chris McDermott (@chrisvmcd), Does Kanban help provide Motivation? Slides available
- And to Roundup, Bob Marshall (@flowchainsensei) has an interesting write up of the whole experience. Speakers night was at Vitorria which is actually pretty nice Italian in Edinburgh. He also gave a Rightshifting talk, Organisational Effectiveness – Rightshifting & The Marshall Model. Find out more here
So that wraps up our 14 Roundup of #lascot12. It was the first conference we were invited to submit a paper for. Luck be damned, we couldn’t make it due to other commitments. We’ll be sure to block time aside for #lascot13 next year though.
Updated 25/10/2012: It looks like the videos are starting to be put up at http://www.leanagilescotland.com/videos
Updated 29/10/2012: More videos available